Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meditation on Silence



        "What is true silence?  It means more than just the absence of sound .  You are silent, Lord.  Ever present, but without fanfare, without noise, nothing added to enhance Your presence, Your beauty, Your majesty.

         Lord Jesus, how do I find true silence, especially in Your presence?  Help me to become an empty vessel - a truly empty shell, void of all distractions, all thoughts, and in total quietness.  Then I think I could really hear and feel You speaking to me.  Then I could be silent and  You could talk.

        But I can't seem to reach that point all by myself, Lord.  I need Your help.  Send the Holy Spirit, as You promised, to create that empty vessel and then fill me with those gifts.  I need to hear Your words, seek Your will, accept Your love and forgiveness.  Show me how to find true silence.

        Is it in the heart and mind, Lord?  Is it a true mental and spiritual stillness, not based on any physical attributes?  Lord, that I might concentrate only on you; then my heart and mind might find that stillness."  


From: An Hour With Jesus 

No comments:

Post a Comment