Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thoughts on Change

(Thought-Random)

 
          This past week had just brought us in the east coast sweltering heat like I don't remember- enjoyed by some, cursed by some.... but heat I loved to parallel with the thought of me sweating a river! And I yielded to this feeling which to me was pure bliss - delightful and  sensuous ... till I had to stop myself lest it turned to sin!

        But right now... exactly just now - as I type these words away,  that view from my window kind of clicks itself to a next screen as it unfolds that of ominous dark and heavy clouds threatening to pour at any moment now. The temperature has just made a turnabout to cool, very cool, - and the outside world in now losing light ever so slowly as if to give way to a more majestic ruling power. And I feel like I was transported to another dimension.

         I can't help but marvel at this beauty of God's creation as I soak in the gloom that is permeating the atmosphere.  The green of the trees has now been given a darker hue making them stand out against the greyish darkness of the sky.  I notice the shift from  the gentle sway of their branches to a rather stronger assault on each other.  But now I am zapped back to this earlier vision of these same trees where the sun's light made the  green of their leaves lighter to blend with the white clouds that lined the blue of the heavens. And in the bright of day, in the glare of heat, a new awareness is suddenly impressed on me -  that of change, of temporariness, of non-permanence.   But this is what life is made of, isn't it?   For something to be called living, there is that implication of growth, yes.   And growth, in turn, entails change, I know.  There also may be this so-called dichotomy of animate and inanimate things, so that well, some things do change, some don't.

           But now, this turns things in my world upside down because out there,
           I thought there was only this light that went on burning and
                                           nothing else! 
           I thought there was only this word constantly!

                                                      -----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment