Friday, December 16, 2011

Meeting

(Thought-Random)


         Always, when we meet, and you are
        Leaving, as always the first
        You are, your strange imponderable eyes
        Unspeaking to me, as on the last, I go
        My way, half-wondering: Who had
        Been there that crossed again my
        Sentimental shade?  But, looking back,
        Five lonely houses away from you, five
        Memories more quiet than the last that
        Always came, I speak again to you and
        Cry with life for all our silences that 
        Scar the silent body of your name,
        And we become the truth self-evident
        In our pretending, the truth which counts
        Alone, for truth, in one's, and only one's, forgetting.

       I watch you and the daylight ascend
       The evening stairways to your room,
       Of all the shades your only choice,
       And then I hear you speak my name;
       The first assurance of the truth,
       Born to image and lament the final voice.

           ***************************

                           
                                                                               ***************************
                                                                                             


     

No comments:

Post a Comment