Friday, December 3, 2010

A Little Bit of North Carolina

(Camera-Random)


Iron Mike at Fort Bragg


        A part of my summer twenty-ten was spent with my nephew, Father Mike, Major, US Army and my niece, Mary Anne, MD, (from my Albano Clan),  soaking in a good seven days together in Fayetteville, Durham, and Raleigh.







quaint and quiet....










The Coffee Break

        Downtown Durham......





        The Carolina Theatre...

        



   The Bright Leaf Square.....
        
        




The Brother-Sister tandem.....


.......exploring the Duke University compound.








The University  Chapel



I so loved the wood-carve-details inside...

...and these elegant corridors


...wishing for a flight/ride to Arabia

         And now the fascinating military part of it! Fr. Mike was chaplain at Fort Bragg.   Have to pass through this Air Force Base to the Fort, so........






        Now in Fort Bragg....







        These random pictures that follow were taken in some 4 or 5 military museums,  I'm afraid I must have mixed them up in here.....

























The Iraqi interpreter at work
. . 

 






        One of the lunch/dinner stops we had in... -my favorite Japanese! --


where the waiter who served on our table was Italian...and was so delighted when I told him I knew it from his accent! :)
.
       And then of course, h o m e - for the much needed rest in between!









        Now, Raleigh....


The City Hall





The Sacred Heart Cathedral



























.....because North Carolina is a coastal state and often visited by typhoons.












Wood and furniture in the history....


An antique cash register.......
















         And then, I had to go on!  Had been a most fascinating North Carolina experience what I just enjoyed, compliments of dear family.  Fr Mike flies off to Afghanistan, Mary Anne flies off to LA... I fly off to Chicago for 14 this time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment