Friday, May 20, 2011

A Starbucks Moment......

(Thought-Random)

   
          My eyes travel from the green of the lawn to the green of the trees and to the greenish grey of the fog that hovers over these trees.  Can't find the blue of the sky... can't find it.... and I kinda want to see it!!!  Other things forced on my eyes at the moment though is this  ocean of cars at the parking lot.... the other side of this expanse of a window view from where I relish my vanilla latte.

        Did I say I was relishing my coffee?  Actually am trying hard to, - over the din that permeates this coffee shop. People for coffee, just like me....people meeting up with associates....people discovering acquaintances.  People streaming in and out of the doors....  people taking their place in those long lines....people- !

       Making up the things in my mind that I have to do quite competes with that line of people.  Not easy to decide which to pick up first.... but what is real for now is that am trying to drown that blanket of noise with Richard Clayderman's Je t'aime..... on my earphones.  At the same time,  am still trying to make out some kind of blue over that fog hovering over the trees.  Been raining on and off this whole week.... and while I love rain in whatever form it comes-  gently allowing itself to be blown with some wind.... racing down in slants to meet the ground.... coming tentatively in drips and drops as if deciding whether or not to come over to dear earth.... - I do not quite agree with the color discomfort  I am having at the moment that I think it is causing.

       But one thought overrides whatever sights and sounds and mind situations present themselves to me just about now.  Anika will be out of her pre-school class in a moment.  Then I will have that kiss and that hug that will force the sunlight out into these grey skies.....that will turn that meaningless noise into a total Clayderman music.....that will repaint this kaleidoscope of people pandemonium into just a framed masterpiece of a single baby angel by the name of Anika!

                                            --------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment