Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fighting Astigmatism

(Thought-Random)



        Night after day after night after day, my eyes go through lines and lines of written work done by my online students in my writing classes, and truthfully I enjoy this.  I enjoy being taken into the mind and heart  recesses of my online beloved ones; I feel with them their joys, their frustrations, their anxieties, as well as their triumphs and expectations in life. And this is one of my life's best experiences!

        As I thank the heavens for this share of  lovely moments, however, this bit of astigmatism in me is heightened by my eyes glued to my computer screen for hours! This, then, I am advised by my doctor, has to be countered by throwing my gaze as far out as I can in intervals. And how do I do this? I just leave my Lenovo - no, it's now a Toshiba - back down there on my desk and run out into the pathways across town where I walk to relish the outside world.

        The quaint neighborhood houses, their lovely gardens, the friendly folks I meet walking their dogs, or jogging in rhythm, or plain walking it away just like me;  the beautiful New England trees, the all-encompassing blue skies - I breathe in all these as I walk in awe at this wonderful heavenly gift of a world!

        On other days, I take my computer out into the deck.  In here, what is given me to enjoy is the expanse of our backyard which flows into those of our neighbors as far as my eyes can reach! Thus as I sit on this outdoor dinner table we have, I can alternate my gaze from my computer to a panoramic sight of lawns, and back doors letting out into their respective decks, and flowers plants and bushes and majestic trees and hovering skies! Just lovely!

        Today, however,  I find I can't avail of these two alternatives I have to fight my astigmatism. It's just too cold out there for me especially with this bad cough that seems to love staying put with me! But what the heck! I'm going to grab that scarf of mine, slide into those  winter boots, have a sweater under my coat and saunter out that front door to meet up with mister subzero! He's  been wanting to befriend me these past couple of days! So why not?  

                                                   ##########################

No comments:

Post a Comment