Friday, October 15, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

(Thought-Random)

        With me,  my friends Lia and Liza both  (Sam and Naldo, too) like Iz Kamakawiwo'ole's version of  'Somewhere Over the Rainbow',  and I am just having some thoughts on the rainbow itself.  Lia,  in fact,  had just told me,  'tuvo un arco iris hace poco aqui en LA y recorde de ti!'.   Sweet!  She always is.  But we actually did have one too over here in CT recently  and it did remind me of loved ones,  yes,  but of silver linings behind the clouds as well.  It made me look through the array of colors into a space of realizations and remembrances.


        See,  with the rain I see beauty in the wanton downfall of water : .....-clear, ....fresh,... pure,.....cool,......     unmindful of anything but to reach the ground.  And as I relish such panoramic magnificense, my experience is complemented by  the musical rendition the rain   makes on the rooftops,  -on the plants,  -on the ground.   I don't know why I love rain like I do...I don't know why but I do.... notwithstanding the wetness it brings along.   Ah but now, that is what others won't allow into their comfort zones - the wet and all the discomfort that it carries with it.  And I have to admit that  rain isn't really always kind to the world!  But I don't want to think about that now!   I want to stick to the pleasant fact that after the rain, the world is cleansed and everything is lovely in a different way.  It is exactly at this point that the rainbow comes into view, doesn't it?

        Anika has a song that goes:  'red, orange, blue, green and yellow;  don't forget the purple too.....!'  But those are the only colors assigned to the rainbow, no?  They're missing my white and brown and black favorites!!!   ( They're not colors?)   At any rate, if the aftermath of rain alludes to the realization of newness in the rainbow, -new beginnings,  new love,  new life;  I'd like to think that too, the rainbow in all its colors evoke memories or just simple recall  in my mind.   After a segment of appreciative moments for the rainfall,  I also then next want to raise my eyes to the skies.... - to a glance of the blues and blacks that have caused me a feeling of frustration and unrealized expectations;  -of the pinks and reds that have brought about a turn-around in terms  of the happy surprises and  the thoughts of love sent to my direction; -of the browns and purples that have allowed in me some resignation in and acceptance of what I have;  - and of the whites and greens that have instilled  in me a spark of hope for my aspirations that most often than not,  I would  simply leave unsaid.

        Thus,  before I return to pick up my chores for the day,  I wrap-up my colors in gossamer and with my hopeful eyes... gently for safekeeping.... let them go, fly on to... -somewhere over the rainbow......! And I will meet up with you there, won't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment