Monday, September 20, 2010

As Time Goes By.....

(Thought-Random)

             Last night,  I was so filled up with readings on  stuff like sin and syntax...   like  plot and structure ... Umberto Eco and literature,  -that I decided to get into a time-out and visit Netflix for one of those old classic films.  And my mouse settled down on Casablanca for some relaxation.    Not one of those happy endings but it certainly was a slice of life.   Kinda giving me a sense of reality hold.

             Humphrey Bogart was dashing,  I'm okay with that!   I can't complain.   Ingrid Bergman was nothing but sweet.    That,  too,  I  can go along with.   What haunts me up to now,  though,  was the song which you know goes  - 'You must remember this,  A kiss is just a kiss.  A sigh is just a sigh...... The fundamental things apply as time goes by.....!'   But not necessarily did the words play any significance to me at all.    It was the melody that seemingly like a soft breeze wafted into my sleep, -ghostly.... ephemeral,  if I may say so and yet not quite.    It is unsettling that I can't explain why this melody comes and goes.... and when I can't explain or understand something, I  really just can't let  go.

             So I listen to this melody over and over again and relish the strains that go climactic and then kind of mellow down a little into a tentative plateau... this now  followed by some definitive closure of sorts. And as  my thoughts merge with the music,  I realize I am brought into an allusion to life as in concepts of ups and downs, of highs and lows and in-betweens, of bursts of energy and simple soft spurts.....which further are woven among the threads of time.   I'm not sure if I am making any sense in here but I now am thinking that the song is aptly titled 'As Time Goes By'.   In my very life, as in yours and probably everybody's,   I've had joys and sadness, triumphs and failures, expectations happily realized as well as disappointments.... all these coupled with hopes and aspirations yet to be achieved.   Isn't it that all these go as time goes by?


No comments:

Post a Comment