Thursday, September 30, 2010

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

(Thought-Random)

        I am watching the rain through my window as I type this away.... making me feel like I'm listening to the song..... as I come out of a migraine apparently triggered off by certain stressful thoughts... as I figure that just about this time, a dear friend of mine and family are embarking on dear soil I so miss!

        Anyway....let me say that  rain, I love, - I love for the beauty it cuts as it slants across the view that it superimposes itself on,  -the view of a line of towering green trees with gray clouds hovering above them.  Kinda projects a dismal feeling, if you ask me.  You would think so too, wouldn't you?  And that would certainly  be nothing but normal!  But I am trying to find semantic shades that are at least embedded within the strands of this window picture of mine..... perhaps a thought or two that I could cull from within the colors of this day. ..  Okay, so what do I see:  -the dampened silver of the raindrops, and behind it, -the dark green of the wall of trees, and above them, -the gray clouds hovering, pushed here and there by gusts of wind ...... .now, hey we have some motion in there!  So let me take over the motion command:  -let's let the wind go on and push aside these gray clouds for us to get a glimpse of some blue sky..... let's let the branches of the trees part a little to bring out a little of the sun..... let's let the raindrops -lovely raindrops- stop now to bring about the color-laden rainbow.... and presto -

        I vicariously feel with my dear friend embarking on dear soil I so miss... and  guess what:  - with the rainbow on my new horizon,  I feel the raindrops aren't really so bad anymore! They aren't really so bad afterall!  And I do wonder,  -just what might you, on the other hand,  be thinking about right now?




No comments:

Post a Comment