Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11 - In Between the Lines

Thought-Random:

        When I read you and  find your words turn
        just a trifle too abstract for me,
        I try to catch you instead in the cadence of
        rhyme and rhythm, of assonance and yes,
        of alliteration and, too, in the world of  tone,
        of imagery, persona,  metaphor.

       But next am I blessed with a touch of daybreak
       when in those images and allusions at hand
       can I behold an epiphany of aspects and realities
       in a dimension of my own parallel to yours,
       just like a missing segment from a wall of bricks,
       I create through that peep hole it leaves -
 
       A whole new visual field, a spectacle all mine
       Thus did I make my own poetry, thank you!
      
 
      
        

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh wow! Getting a comment like this from The Real Poet, himself, gives me a feeling far more super than having written some 'poetry' !
      Thanks, so much, Peter, much appreciate it!

      Delete