Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6 - Race you!

Thought-Random:

        From the school bus to that embrace
        To now she says: "Race you to the doorstep!"
        And I say, "Little girl, you got it!" So we go -
        "On your mark, get s-  Hey! not fair!"
        She just went running but okay, she's
        Coming back, laughing like,- oh God!-
        Laughing like the world is all hers
        Or that the world will never end!
        And under her breath she says, "Just kidding!
        Come on, let's start all over!"

        So again we go - "On your mark, get set, go!"
        And off with the wind she - looks back, though.
        And  runs to me with arms outstretched,
        Ready to lift my prostrate form,
        Like she, for the  love for me, could undo
        That misstep I did,-  mortifying and clumsy!

        "Please don't die!", this time, she is crying!
        "Of course, I won't!" Now, quick to my arms
         This angel I take.  And seated both we are now
         On the driveway, yes, not quite by the doorway
         But in each others' comfort,
         "Hush", I say, "I'm okay!"

         I'm no good at racing, am I?

        
       

No comments:

Post a Comment