Friday, February 8, 2013

February 9 - The Choice

Thought Random:

        Snow rages outside while
        warmth permeates inside.
        And you ask me 
        which of these I choose?

        Well, let me say I love the
        cozy feel of book in hand,
        the goodness of  coffee rich
        in taste and smell, yes, both,
        that touch of resurrection
        as it slithers down my throat,
        with background clarinet sounds
        mellow as only Acker Bilk can
        have it through my earphones wend
        and have my day complete.

       And yet, I come to think of it,
       make up my mind and say
       with outstretched arms and eyes
       to'ards heaven: lead me to the outside
       please -  let the outline bare of  trees
       fascinate, delight my sight
       as with carpets of total whiteness
       wrap my spirit in celestial  splendor,
       let me revel in the snow, in that wind,
       in that captivating sense  -of
       the raw and freezing cold
       yet in most sublime magnificence.

       Thus, in this the wintry part of weather,
       join me - celebrate the outdoors!
     


        


No comments:

Post a Comment