Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10 - Erin, that wisp of a girl

Thought-Random:

        I have Erin on my mind today. It was her birthday last Monday, the 7th,  but  it brings me to that day some twenty years ago when I took my turn from the family to hold her in my arms... a tiny bundle of joy,  quiet with eyes closed, pretty lips showing a semblance of a smile in sleep, and just ready to be enfolded in a hug.

        But even now, she still is a wisp of girl.  She has graduated from Stanford's Investment Banking and even has turned down that Systems Analyst job offered her by J P Morgan - to have a start-up of her own and be CEO of it.   I couldn't believe she did all these... but she did - as a wisp of a girl! And as a wisp of a girl still, she undergoes fitness training... her start-up is on fitness et al...and has no regrets at all turning down the J P Morgan offer.

        Whenever she's home with the family for the holidays, though, she loves being in the kitchen,  - as much as possible, not allowing me to do any of the work.  "Let me!", she'd admonish me.
Like she's telling  me, 'You're queen, act it!'  So she cooks, she cleans, she prepares the coffee with her creation of a sandwich.  And with her Michael, engages the family with chat on fitness, on hacking, on a million other techno  things.

        But that Starbucks invite, that hot soup by my bedside, that affectionate hug encapsulating all the other little things that she empowers my being with!  I love this girl - she takes care of me like a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment