Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9 - Tree Structure

Thought-Random:

        I am boiling some water for my tea as I wait for a friend to pick me up for our Toastmasters Club meeting today.  And as I wait, I look out of the kitchen window to behold a scene I must've taken for granted in my past life because now I am spellbound by this masterpiece of a painting by nature.

        The trees are lined up to mark the extent of  land properties but I don't see just trees - I see trees with branches stripped off of their leaves to bare their diverse branch structures: some upright as in prayer towards the heavens, some have theirs drooping down in an effort to touch the ground, and some reaching out as in either to give out love and comfort - or to ask for it, while others yet simply and wantonly have theirs in all direction as if in carefree existence.

        I try to decide what to make out of all these.  And I see my connection to my God in prayer. I realize I am bound to earth to make the best of it, in the meantime,  till I hopefully find myself with Him, my God.  The 'best of it' I probably allude to the need of interacting with my fellowmen in comfortable love. But come to think of it, I want to enjoy life, too, in any which way I think and feel like.  Just I be ethical, right? Now to define 'ethical'.

        But uh oh,  comes my friend now.  And we'll be having lunch after the meeting, I remember. That makes my tea for much later then.  Got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment