Friday, January 25, 2013

January 25 - Mid-winter Episode

Thought-Random:

         Then I come home to someone mowing the lawn.  The smell of freshly cut grass reminds me of twilight in the countryside - the smell of exotic pleasure!  But up the stairs now into the living room, the couch is so inviting  I throw myself on it. The marvelous sensation of my muscles relaxing is at hand - marvelous just after an Aikido class That great feeling of falling asleep next makes me aware of  thoughts floating around my brain - and of the radio music at the background fading into white noise.  Somewhere in the middle of all these, however, a gentle breeze from the open window gives me that refreshing swath of cool over my sweating body.  I could get more of that breeze right now as I get into this  blissful moment of just about entering sleep!  So I turn my eyes to the window as if to reassure myself that it is open enough for my much needed breeze and I am jolted to reality! The windows are closed.  Snow is heavily beating against the window pane, and somebody had thrown a blanket over me for warmth! Was that all a dream?  Or was it wistful thinking!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment